No products in the cart.
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Smacking with savory flavor, and creamy in texture, this soup will have you wishing for an endless winter. It’s essentially composed of mushrooms, heavy cream, flour, and a few vegetables, meaning anyone can make it on short notice and with a tight budget. Serve with a crusty bread, and top with fresh parsley as desired.
or 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup medium yellow onion(150 g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white button mushroom(75 g), chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom(75 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock(960 mL)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream(80 mL)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, then add the onion and saute until translucent, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir, then cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until they begin to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms, until combined.
- Add the white wine, stir, and cook until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Blend soup to your desired consistency with an immersion blender or standing blender.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.