No products in the cart.
With melty cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and golden russet potatoes, our breakfast hash recipe will be your new favorite breakfast!
- Serves: 6
- Prepare Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Calories: 499
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, if needed
- 2 russet potatoes (about 1½ pounds), cut into ½ -inch pieces
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 l arge red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Tools You’ll Need:
1. Nonstick skillet or cast iron pan
3. Separate skillet for eggs
4. Slotted spoon
Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until almost crispy and the fat has rendered, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving the fat in the pan. Discard all but ¼ cup of the bacon fat.
Add the potatoes to the bacon fat in a single layer and cook until golden brown on mostly tender, 10-12 minutes. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, about 5 minutes more.
Return the bacon to the pan and stir in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cream has thickened, about 3 minutes.
Remove the skillet from heat. Sprinkle the hash with cheddar and green onions.
Spoon the hash out of the pan, dividing it evenly between plates. Top each with an egg and serve with toast on the side.