No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/hyderabadi-chicken-biryani/
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani,a world-famous Indian delicacy, requires time and experience to prepare but is well worth the effort. Long-grained rice seasoned with aromatic spices like saffron and stacked with tender and juicy chicken in a rich sauce. The dish is then covered, and the lid is fastened with dough before the biryani is cooked over low heat. This is unquestionably a special occasion meal.
- Servings: 6
- Recipe By: Licious
- 500 gms Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks
- 10 black peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp biryani masala
- salt to taste
- Grind black peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and cumin seeds into a fine powder. Finely chop mint and coriander leaves.
- Add dry spice mix, chopped mint and coriander leaves and other marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine all of them. Add the chicken and coat it well. Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and let the marinated chicken sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Wash the rice thoroughly. Take a saucepan and add water and rice in it. Once it boils, add 2 bay leaves and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and let it simmer until rice is partially cooked and is firm. This might take about 5 minutes. Once done, drain the rice. Add saffron to a bowl of milk, stir and keep it aside.
- Add ghee to a large pot with a tight-fitting lid or a pressure cooker, heat it over medium-high flame. Stir in onions until golden brown for about 15 minutes. Drain them on a paper towel. Switch the flame to low and add bay leaves, chillies, and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Remove a tbsp of ghee from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the chicken along with the marinade into the pot and cook for 2 minutes per side until it’s no longer pink. Spread the drained rice on top, sprinkle fried onions and drizzle ghee with saffron milk on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes over a high flame covered with a lid. Then reduce the flame to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it stand covered for about 15 minutes. Garnish with mint and coriander leaves on top. Serve hot with raita or green salad.