No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/chicken-tikka/
Chicken Tikka Kebabs in a richly spiced yogurt marinade. Grilled, barbecued or griddled to perfection, they make an easy, family-pleasing dinner!
Serve them simply with rice or chapati, or go all out with a big Indian buffet – I’ve got lots of ideas below!
- Marinating Time: 2 hour
- 3 chicken breasts – (approx 500g/17.5 oz) – chopped into bite-size chunks
- 120 g (½ cup) Greek yogurt – – or thick natural yogurt (full fat)
- 2 cloves garlic – – peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Place the chicken breast pieces into a bowl or freezer bag with the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, coriander, turmeric, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Mix together so that everything is combined, then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, place them in water to soak while the chicken is marinating. This will help to prevent them burning during grilling.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and thread onto skewers.
- Brush the chicken with the oil, then place on a griddle plate and cook, turning a couple of times, for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Alternatively, you can grill (broil) under a grill, or you can barbecue for the same amount of time.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked by slicing into a larger piece and ensuring it’s no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander.