No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/garlic-shrimp-risotto/
This easy Garlic Shrimp Risotto is a take on a classic Italian recipe. It’s made with fragrant arborio rice sautéed in onions and garlic, simmered in fish stock, and topped with delicately seasoned shrimp.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb (453.592 gm) medium raw shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3–4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup arborio / sushi rice
- 4–5 cups low-sodium fish broth hot
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Equipment Needed :
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and sprinkle with the seasonings. Cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until pink and fully opaque, around 1-2 minutes more. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet. Sautee the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minutes.
- Pour over two cupfuls of broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has beed absorbed.
- Once the liquid is reduced, repeat the cooking process, by adding a cup of broth at a time.
- Once all the broth has been used, the rice should be plump and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and parsley.
- Serve the risotto topped with cooked shrimp.
- Rice: You may substitute Arborio rice with Carnaroli rice or sushi rice. The taste and the texture will not be the same.
- Protein: For those who aren’t a fan of shrimp, you may easily substitute chicken breast for the meat in this dish.
- Veggies: If you’re making a garlic shrimp risotto, you can add peas, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, or tomatoes.
- Cheese: We prefer parmesan but other similar cheeses can be used.
- Herbs: This recipe goes well with fresh herbs like basil or chives.