No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/achari-chicken/
Achari Chicken is a bold, tangy Pakistani/Indian chicken curry made with an Achari Masala (pickling spice mix) and optionally topped with stuffed green chilies. With just a little prep this delicious dish cooks in only 30 minutes and the zesty flavours are so captivating…….
- ⅓ cup oil
- 500 g boneless chicken cut in 4cm (1.5inch) cubes
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 (100g) medium onion blended
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon kashmiri chili powder for colour
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 small (180g) tomatoes blended
- ¼ cup plain yogurt full-fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slit the green chilies from the centre lengthwise and take out the seeds. Mix 3 teaspoon chaat masala and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to make a thick paste. Fill each chili with around a teaspoon of this mixture and keep aside for later.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the Achari Masala ingredients. Roast for 2 minutes till they release their aroma.
- Then add the blended onion on medium heat. Saute till the onions turn golden.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic and stir till they are no longer raw.
- Now put in the chicken on medium high heat along with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and kashmiri chili powder. Mix everything in.
- Pour in the blended tomatoes and yogurt. Stir well and cover the pan. Let cook for 8-10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Uncover the pan, increase the heat to high and fry for 2 minutes. This process will bring the oil on top.
- Mix in 2 tablespoon of water so that the gravy doesn’t get dry. Then place the green chilies, slit side up on top of the chicken.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and cover. Let cook for 6-8 minutes on low heat until the chilies are softened.
- Garnish with sliced ginger and fresh coriander. Serve warm Achari Chicken with naan, roti or steamed basmati rice.