No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/falooda/
Falooda is a unique rose-flavored dessert drink with many layers of different elements such as jelly, basil seeds, vermicelli, rose syrup, sweetened milk, ice cream, and the topping of nuts and rose petals.
- To Make Jelly, take water in a saucepan and turn the heat on medium. Add sugar, agar-agar powder, and rose syrup.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 2 minutes or until everything is dissolved well.
- Transfer this liquid to an 8×8 pan and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Once it sets like jelly, cut it into small pieces. Keep it aside or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container to keep it chilled. This makes more amount of jelly than required for 4 servings.
- To Make Sweetened Milk, add condensed milk to the milk. Whisk it until well combined and keep in the fridge until needed.
- To Soak Sabja Seeds, take sabja or basil seeds in a bowl and add water. Let it rest for 30 minutes and it swells up and increases 4-5 times in volume.
- To Make Falooda Sev, bring water to a rolling boil in a saucepan. Add falooda sev and cook for around 5-7 minutes (or as per your package instructions).
- Once cooked drain and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Cut into small pieces using kitchen scissors.
- Note: the proportions may vary depending on the size of your glass. Given amount below is for 1 serving and take it as a guide.
- Add around 2 tablespoons of jelly to the bottom of the glass.
- Add 2 tablespoons falooda sev on top.
- Add 2 tablespoons sabja seeds on top.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons rose syrup (drizzle some on the inner sides of the glass as well.
- Slowly add around ½ cup of milk.
- Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, and dried rose petals and drizzle around ½ teaspoon of rose syrup as a garnish.