No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/shemai/
It is a lightly sweet and fragrant vermicelli and milk dessert that is super quick and easy to put together. All you need is a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes!
- Heat your pan on medium heat, add in your ghee, cinnamon sticks, and cardamom pods.
- Fry for a few minutes until nice and fragrant. Then at this point I like to put my whole spices in a mesh tea ball so it’s easier to take out later. You can also just pick the spices out at the end.
- Crush your roasted vermicelli into small pieces and throw them in. Fry in the ghee for a couple of minutes until they darken just a little and get fragrant. Do not burn.
- Then pour in your milk, and add back in the spices if you took them out.
- Turn your heat up to medium high to bring it up to a boil, then turn it down to low heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Making sure to stir occasionally to keep the milk from sticking to the bottom.
- Then add in salt, sugar, and cinnamon powder.
- Mix and let simmer for a few more minutes until you get to your desired consistency.
- Pour into your serving dish. You can eat this warm/room temp or chill in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Top with raisins, sliced nuts, and rose petals to decorate (optional), and serve.