No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/yakitori-japanese-skewered-chicken/
«Yakitori» is the name of these chicken skewers in Japan. I have adapted the original marinade recipe by replacing «sake» and «mirin» (both are alcoholic beverages made from rice) with lemon juice and water.
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 dried chili peppers (minced 0.4 gm)
- 11/4 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely ground (1 gm)
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin (3 gm)
- Ground pepper to taste (optional)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce ( 45 ml)
- 2 tbsp water (30 ml)
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil (5 ml)
- 4 tsp honey (28 gm)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (1 1/2 lemon)
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-2,5 cm pieces (500 gm)
- 3 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (10 gm)
Before you start:
- Metal skewers are needed for cooking.
- Mince the garlic and chili pepper, then put them in a bowl. Coarsely grind the coriander seeds and add them to the bowl. Add the cumin, ground pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and lemon juice. Cut the chicken into 2 to 2,5 cm pieces and put them in the marinade, mix well, cover, and let stand in the refrigerator at least 1 h.
- Grill outdoor or in the oven
- When ready to cook, place the chicken pieces on to metal skewers. Cook on a medium grill for about 6-8 min until the pieces are nicely coloured, turning the skewers a couple of times. Alternatively, put the skewers on a baking sheet under a preheated broiler 7-10 cm from the heat for about 6-8 min, turning the skewers a few times.
- Meanwhile,put the sesame seeds in a small pan and heat over medium heat a few minutes, with some stirring, until lightly coloured.
- When the chicken is ready, sprinkle with the grilled sesame seeds, then serve.