No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/khao-pad-thai-fried-rice/
Restaurant-style spicy Thai fried rice, Khao Pad recipe made with Thai jasmine rice, prawns/shrimp, eggs, chillies, garlic and delicious seasoning sauce. It’s so easy to make and packed with authentic flavour. Quick and delicious meal ready in 15 minutes!
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 3 cup Cooked jasmine rice Or 2 servings cooked long grain rice ( About 350 gram ) see details in note.
- 250 grams Prawns Peeled and deveined prawns, chicken or choice of protein, see details in note.
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 Shallot onion Or small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 Bird eye chilli Or hot chillies, cut thin slices
- 2-3 Spring onion Green onions/scallion, Cut thin slices
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Oil Vegetable, sunflower, canola, peanut oil, etc.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the sauce ingredients fish sauce, light soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk it well until sugar dissolved. ( You can heat up in microwave for 4-5 seconds to melt the sugar. )
- Heat the large wok or pan over medium heat, drizzle 2 tbsp of oil and stir fry the shallots and garlic for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, push the prawns to one side of the wok, drizzle 1 tbsp of oil and add 2 eggs inside the wok. Let it set for a few seconds then break them into small pieces. Add chillies and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the cooked rice and pour the sauce mixture over the rice. Bring the heat to a high and stir fry for about 2 mins or until the sauce is combined well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add spring onions, toss everything well for another 1-2 mins. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with, cucumber, lime wedges, and coriander.
- Cooked rice – Thai jasmine rice is ideal for making Khao Pad but you can also add your choice of long-grain cooked rice. Use a day-old, cooled rice for the best result. Do not add freshly cooked rice as it can be mushy when you stir fry it.
- Prawns – Use peeled and deveined king prawns, tiger prawns, white prawns, shrimps, crab meat, scallops, squids, or a choice of seafood.
- Protein choice – You can also add chicken, minced meat, sausage, tofu, or vegan meat, as a prawn substitute.
- Fish sauce – Fish sauce has a salty rich umami flavour which is ideal for making Thai stir-fries. Instead of fish sauce, you can add oyster sauce, Thai Healthy Boy seasoning sauce, or vegetarian stir-fry sauce ( mushroom sauce ).
- Vegetables – You can add small dice of carrots, sweetcorn, green peas, etc.
- Freezing and reheating option – Do not recommend freezing khao pad but you can keep it in the fridge if you have leftovers. Place the leftover fried rice in the air-tight container and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat it in the microwave or stir fry it in the pan until hot just before serving.
- Cooking for a crowd – If you are cooking for a crowd, fry the rice in batches. Do not overcrowd the wok/pan to spread enough heat to all ingredients. This recipe is for 2-3 servings and you can double or triple the ingredients.
- Nutritional fact is calculated approximately per serving and it can be varied by the number of different products used.