No products in the cart.
Shop Ingredients: https://enedao.com.bd/product-tag/cashew-chicken-recipe/
A popular takeout dish that’s easy to make at home and is super weeknight-friendly. This authentic Thai recipe also includes many tricks to maximize deliciousness. Guaranteed to be better than takeout!
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 400 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, (if using breast, see note 1)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil
- 7-10 dried chilies, small to medium size, (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ onion, 1-inch diced
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, 1-inch diced
- 1 ¼ cups red, orange and/or yellow bell pepper, 1-inch diced
- ¾ cup unsalted roasted or raw cashews, plus extra for sprinkles (see note 2)
- 2 green onions, halved lengthwise and cut in 1.5-inch
- I prefer chicken thighs for this, but if using breasts, cut them into pieces about ½ inch thick, no thinner, to prevent them from drying out too quickly. Also add 1 ½ tablespoon water to the marinade to give them some extra juiciness.
You can also start with raw cashews and roast them as per the instructions below.
Instead of Golden Mountain Sauce you can sub Maggi Seasoning or more fish sauce in equal amounts.
- For the cashews: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and roast the cashews (yes even if you bought them roasted, roast them again) on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, and until they darken in color. If starting with raw cashews, roast them for 10-12 minutes, stirring them half way through for more even roasting, until they are slightly darker than golden.¾ cup unsalted roasted or raw cashews
- Combine the chicken thigh with soy sauce and mix well. If using chicken breast, add 1 ½ tablespoon of water in addition to the soy sauce. In either case let it sit for at least 15 minutes.400 g boneless skinless chicken thighs,2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.1 tablespoon Oyster sauce,1 tablespoon soy sauce,1 teaspoon Golden Mountain sauce,1 teaspoon fish sauce,1 ½ teaspoon sugar,1 ½ tablespoon Thai chili paste,1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- If using dried chilies, add the oil to a wok and add the dried chilies; turn the heat on to low. Keep stirring the chilies until they puff and darken into a maroon colour, about 1 minute. Quickly remove them with a mesh skimmer, leaving the oil behind, and place them onto a paper towel lined plate to drain.7-10 dried chilies, small to medium size,2 tablespoon neutral oil
- In the same wok, turn the heat up to high. Once the oil is very hot, add the chicken and spread the pieces out into one layer as much as you can.
- With the heat still off, add the chopped garlic, then turn the heat on to medium. Stir the garlic until the smallest pieces turn golden, then add the onions and stir for about one minute.4 cloves garlic,½ onion
- Turn the heat up to high then add the bell peppers, the chicken, and the sauce mixture and toss until heated through and well mixed, about 1 minute.¾ cup green bell pepper,1 ¼ cups red, orange and/or yellow bell pepper
- Turn off the heat, then add the green onions and cashews and toss just until mixed. Plate and top with fried chilies, and serve immediately with jasmine rice.